Friday, January 11, 2013

Let Go of the Worry

"When you are in tune with the unknown, the known is peaceful."

That little gem appeared on my Yogi teabag just now as I was getting ready to write this Blog.

Now, I know in my heart that quotes and fortunes and horoscopes such as the Yogi Tea ones are supposed to be vague and all-compassing so that those of us trying to find meaning in something can do so easily, but this really applies to my identity as a worrier.  I don't sweat the small stuff too much, usually, but the BIG stuff, I worry about constantly.  Jobs, family life, income, debt, age-- I'm constantly comparing and worrying and researching and worrying again.  I know it's has and will affect me in ways that I'm not conscious of.  I wish I could let more of it go.

We've been in Fremont two years now, and I just found a church that I really like-- Fremont Community Church.  I was pretty involved in church in my child and teen years-- my mom is a church secretary.  Since I moved from home though, I'd go every now and then, but I'm not "involved" per se.  I've never really had the "aha" moment that others have had where their life was changed forever by knowing God.  But, I've known God since I was 5; my heart knows he's with me.  I feel him in nature, in the love I have for my family and sometimes, even in the saddest of moments.  After a few months of searching, I finally found a church that I feel is close to what I knew as a kid, and feel good about going to.  I feel that I can find some answers to calm my mind, reassurance for some of my Christian doubts, and gain some inner peace of knowing that I don't have to hold it all on my own shoulders.  Learn to let some of the worry go.  It's a work in progress.  :)

Anyway, he's a look back on how I did on my resolutions this week:

I am completing my weekly blog, so YAY!

I did get up for every lunch break this week and do something active, save for today, when I finished the episode of Nashville I started last night.  But, I'm promising myself to do something active right after work.

I went to Bootcamp both Monday and Wednesday this week, so if I can finish the weekend off with a run, or hike, I'll be in businesss.

I had my fair share of junk food this week.  But, at least it was less than last month.  :)

I did, though, floss my teeth every other night.

Husband and I went to the restaurant "Town" this past weekend, and I still need to write my Yelp review about it. I WILL do it, I will.  :)

I didn't complete my first back blog of our 2012 trip to the Rose Bowl.  I need to get on that!

 All in all, not bad.  I'm so looking forward to this weekend after my first week in a month that I actually had to work 5 days in a row.  :)

-Lindz


No comments:

Post a Comment