Friday, January 18, 2013

Monterey Get-a-way

Another work week of 2013 in the books.  It's been pretty slow at work, compared to the pandemonium of December.  It still feels odd to have nothing planned for the forseeable future, after being out of town for almost every weekend last month.  Husband and I do plan to head down to Monterey this Sunday to celebrate my uncles B-day and hang out with the family.  I feel so fortunate that Monterey is where my family is from.  People plan destination weddings and spend tons of money on trips just to see and be in Monterey.  The fact that we have a free place to stay and can buzz down there for a weekend trip is something I take for granted until I stop and think about it.  I'm SO bias, but I think it's easily one of the most beautiful and charming places in the world.  Added bonuses include my Grandfather working for Pebble Beach, which has gotten us in, for free, to some of the best golf tournaments and events around.


With no major events taking place this week, or reflections to continue, I'll move on to how my resolutions are going:

1. Completing weekly blog now!

2. Not counting today, because I used my lunch break to drive home from work to beat the traffic, I got up and did something (substantially) active every day this week at lunch.

3. Last week Steve and I walked around Coyote Hills park, so if I can do that again this week, I'll have met my goal since I went to bootcamp Monday and Wednesday.

4. I'm happy to announce that we finally finished off the last of the junk food that we got for Christmas.  In general this week, though, I think I did a lot better.  I went to Wendy's and ordered ONLY a salad and a lemonade, and I only had FroYo on Saturday.  I did eat my fair share of the chocolate box this week, though.

5. I did floss every other day again.

6. We didn't eat out last week, but I'm heading over to Palo Alto shortly to meet Husband, so I'm sure that I'll have a least one new place to Yelp about this weekend!

7. The 2012 Rose Bowl trip backblog is complete!  I plan to get started on the next one-- our first Napa trip shortly!

And so, with that, I'll leave you with a picture of what I plan to be looking at this weekend.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment