Monday, April 26, 2010

Back At It

I knew that when I joined Bally, I would have a hard time staying motivated after a few months. I’m not a huge fan of working out. I like doing things that are fun first, and then good exercise second, like dancing, walking, rollerblading and swimming. Also, it helps if I’m good at it.

Truth is, I have not been to the gym three times in one week since the end of March. And while I do have a bit of an excuse – sickness, vacations, visitors. It’s painfully obvious that I have not been losing weight and been eating like, um, I’m on vacation. My lack of motivation, mixed with events that conveniently get in the way of my routine has made me lazy and lowered my self-esteem because of it.

Case in point – last week: I usually do kickboxing on Mondays and swim Wednesdays and Fridays. Since it’s no longer a frozen tundra outside, I have also taken to walking the two miles to my house from work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Last week I did go to kickboxing and walked home on Tuesday. But, my Fiancé, friend and I went to see Billy Elliot on Wednesday, my boyfriend picked me up from work on Thursday, and we had dinner at our friends’ house on Friday (however, I did manage to walk home that day). Since it rained outside all weekend, I only left the house to get groceries, and did nothing in the way of exercise all weekend.

This week, to my knowledge, I have nothing planned during the week. I have decided it’s going to be the week to kick my butt back into the routine. Healthy eating, and just less eating in general, needs to be on the agenda too. Not only do I have the summer weather to get thinner for, but I also have a wedding in the distant – but not too distant - future (we’re thinking next August).

SO – here is to getting back into the routine, feeling better, looking better and being healthier for all that lies ahead.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, we have gotten into full swing with wedding planning and house shopping and trying to save money by eating at home, but not eating as well as we should. I have been eating well when I am on my own, but being with someone who hates "healthy" food does not help me when I have to cook for him. ha ha. I know that if I go work out I will have more energy, but I get off work and feel sleepy so I go home and try to get some work done and fall asleep. Vicious cycle. Daniel laughs at me every time i make a fat comment. I cant believe we are both going to get married next summer! I think I have decided I am going to use a teal color! Wedding planning is oh so exciting, cant wait for you to start, then we can chat about how its going!! Love you cousin!

    ReplyDelete