Monday, March 8, 2010

A Short Lapse in Laps

So, I kinda fell off the wagon a bit with blogging.  Certain ailments and antibiotic regimens have not allowed me to work out for a week and 1/3.  And as my motivation for working out had dwindled, so did my motivation for blogging.  Odd.  I'll also chalk it up to two of the busiest weeks ever here at Cision.  Hectic was an understatement last week.

Anyway, I got back in the mix last Wednesday with Hi Low Aerobics class.  I'm so glad I don't take that class every week, because I've done that class only one other time about a month ago and I can swear to you that it was the SAME music and the SAME routine.  Not that the workout is not effective...it could just get old.  I highly prefer Monday's Kwando class.  So I guess I'll just stick to swimming on Wednesdays and Fridays.  It's odd how fat I feel after only taking a week off of the routine.  I had forgotten how good working out makes you feel.  I'm all ready to go for Kwando tonight though-- I even purchased a new gym bag at Target.  It's a pink duffel bag, and it's only pink because it was the only color besides "Is that your bag or mine?" black.  I would have bought a kickboard too, if Target would have had something besides Spiderman and Dora the Explorer plastered on the fronts.

Other than the short break from the gym, everything has been normal on the home front.  Steve and I went to the Field Museum two Sundays ago to look at bones and diamonds and other cool things.  We've also had a few more Poker Nights with law students, Happy Hours with Cision folks and lazy errand days.

Next weekend(!!!), I'm going home to Sisters, Oregon to visit the family.  It'll be a much needed break from work and big city life.  The weekend after that, Steve and I head to New York, NY for our very first visit to the Big Apple.  I'm SUPER stoked about it.  We're going to see the Lion King on Broadway and pack as many touristy things in as we can for the three days we'll be there.

AND, on April 8th, my cousin Melissa and her fiance, Daniel, will be visiting us here in Chicago!  I can hardly contain myself from planning out every minute of their stay here.  It's going to be so fun to show them the city!   
Perhaps something I am looking forward to equally as much is the end of winter!  Spring should hit Chicago soon (I hope)!

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo excited! There are a lot of things going on before I get to come visit you, like Daniel's sister coming from Texas to visit on thursday for 2 weeks... mom and dad are coming on friday for the weekend, then we go to Laughlin, NV for a weekend for bowling, lol! Then, finally off to Chicago! I guess the weather has been preparing us though, it has been windy and cold for 2 days now. All of my recycling on the balcony is flying away. ha ha! Soooo excited to come visit you! Can't wait to see what you have planned for us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I didn't know you blogged. Now I do! .. awesome ;) Anyways, send me a line when you are in Sisters, I'll see if we can catch up or something! PS Kudos on the working out... I have been so terrible about it. I really miss organized sports. :(

    ReplyDelete